When the real estate market is a seller's market - you probably expect your house to sell very quickly, and hopefully with a LOT of offers. In fact, maybe you want to have an all out bidding war
5 Inexpensive And Easy Things To Do To Increase Curb Appeal
Dated: January 12 2016
1. Keep it clean! The first thing that a buyer sees is the outside of your home—and that tells them a story about the inside. Buyers will likely drive by before deciding if they want to schedule an appointment to see the inside. Make sure your house tells the story you want it to!
-Mow the lawn regularly (shovel during the winter months)
- Pull weeds
- Trim the bushes
- Clean out the gutters
2. Landscape! I’m not saying that you have to spend $1000 on mulch and rock and re-do your entire yard. But, it wouldn’t hurt to invest in some plant life to liven the place up! Some simple things you could add:
- Flower pots
- Hanging planters
3. Paint the front door and/or shutters! It’s amazing what a new color can do for the look of your home. It doesn’t require a lot of paint and can be done yourself. There's even an app for that! Paint my door.
4. Wash the windows and open the curtains/blinds! A lot of people have a habit of closing their curtains/blinds when they aren’t home. When you’re trying to sell your home, you should open them and make sure your windows are clean. It gives your home an open and inviting feel.
5. Update light fixtures and hardware! Take down the old and rusty light fixtures and replace them with a newer/brighter fixture. Do the same with the hardware on your freshly painted front door. Maybe even add a fun door knocker!
With a background in marketing and management, Jessica (Jess) Wichers brings a unique set of skills to our agent team. She’s servant-hearted, flexible, and an expert at rolling with the punches—in....